Tuesday, July 18, 2006

back in the saddle again, again

i'm back. again. i think i am.
and this time i think i'll stay.

things that happened since the last time i blogged (in no particular order):
- i switched teams at work, twice. now i'm almost back to where i started
- i started reading again
- i made a promise to myself to get back in touch with old friends. i didn't
- i made a promise to myself to let the people who matter to me know that they matter to me. i haven't
- i moved. twice. i don't plan to move for a few years
- i still can't figure seattle's obssession with the space needle
- i moved to a place that has a great view of the puget sound
- the new place also has a view of the space needle but that ties in with my aforementioned curiousity about the general fixation with the needle
- i've made new friends. life is moving along
- i'm reading aparajito. it reminds me of the saturday movies on doordarshan. simple characters with simple lives. gentler times
- i became a ski-addict. i broke bones and dislocated a shoulder but kept at it. i can't believe i didn't get around to doing this earlier
- i made fun of snowboarders. they're a touchy lot
- i've been taking the bus to work more often. it's nice to be able to read on the way to work

my fingers are rusty and the brain is rustier still; a form of cerebral friction that makes it harder to get rolling. the hardest part about blogging for me is walking the fine line between my life and the snapshots of my life i', willing to put out there. i found my life slipping out into my blog. i suppose it was inevitable. i need to keep watching out for that.

it's been more than a year since i blogged but it feels good to be back. it's like going to a high-school reunion. everyone's the same and everyone's changed, both at the same time.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snowboarding separates the men from the boys :p

11:38 PM, July 18, 2006  
Blogger Tartrazina said...

woo hoo - sooper to see you hear PL! :o)

Sisyphus - apologies for using your space as a chat room, forgive me! as for that Space Needle, don't know what the BIG DEAL is about it, but i went up there when i was 8, and had a tough time looking through the telescope things coz i was so short!

4:51 AM, July 19, 2006  
Blogger sisyphus said...

penny lane and me have some history, but keep that on the down and low. shhh...
they took out the telescopes from the needle. the nude sunbathers along elliot bay found it terribly intrusive :)

10:32 AM, July 19, 2006  
Blogger Rads said...

Bhelcome bhelcome!!

Hoping u will continue this time sar!

11:02 AM, July 19, 2006  
Blogger Rat said...

Hello you might remember me from a few lifetimes ago when we made Miss Penny Lane almost cry ! haha !

Welcome back to blog world, and try and post more often than once a year :)

1:29 AM, July 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home