Thursday, August 05, 2004

sound horn

i took off to india 2 weeks ago. didn't bother to update the blog, sorry about that. decided to leave over a weekend and was on a flight that friday.


me: boss, i'm taking time off.

boss: huh?

me: i'm taking time off.

boss: oh yeah, you're that new guy who works for me. great. you'll need the time off after all this stuff i'm dumping on you.

me: i'm leaving this week.



boss: huh?



boss: huh?

me: yeah, i'm thinking of leaving this week. i'm getting burnt out.

boss: huh?

me: yeah, i'm going to india. i'll be gone 4 weeks. the net connection there is crappy and i don't care enough to check e-mail. i have tons of stuff that's incomplete that i'll be dumping on random people. i'll make a huge pretense of handing off things to people in an orderly fashion but in reality i'll be dumping stuff on them. stuff that's so obtuse and badly described that they have no way of getting things done.

boss: huh?

me: so it's all fixed then.

boss: but...

me: (from further down the corridor, walking briskly away) thank you for understanding. this is so cool. you'll be famous, i'll put you in my blog.


and so it transpired that a few days later i jumped aboard a crappy northwest airlines flight (with no in-flight entertainment) and headed out to madras.

spent most part of this week driving through kerala and visiting assorted relatives. there's only one reason for the evolution of mallu relative - material for blogging. soon showing in a browser near you. just managed to get myself a high-speed connection so bloging will start again.

i've driven about 600 km today and my eyes are still imagining the rear of trucks with the ubiquitous signs - "horn please", "we two, ours one", "bypass rider" and my favorite - "no kiss". so i'll head off to hit the sack now but i'll be back tomorrow with oodles of material. i love relatives :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Lg said...

My antennae have been on red alert all week waiting for the stuff on your relatives. You still tossing it in your head? Out with it soon dude.

12:57 AM, August 11, 2004  
Blogger sisyphus said...

there you go, i haven't reached the relatives bit as yet but it'll be out in a few hours.

3:03 AM, August 12, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home